Saturday 9 August 2008

A brief baking hiatus...

Been a somewhat manic week, between birthday celebrations, helping out two fellow Leiths alumni making samples for their company's debut at the London Fine Food Fair (ooh la la!), dinner parties, research on features I'm writing (and what a backlog of features...), which really begs the question: when's a girl got time to bake? My flatmate made a super-duper lemon almond cake, replete with juicy apricots and tangy lemon icing for my big day, thereby saving me baking, erm, a cake for myself. My Mother, saint though she is, happily relinquished that duty long ago. Will try and poach the recipe off said flatmate, or as I now to refer to her, baking-goddess, because it was a mighty delicious treat and a perfect way to start one's birthday on a hot August Monday morning ;-) 

Plenty of baking experiments in the coming days so watch this space...

No comments: