Tuesday 23 September 2008

No-bake September?

As much as I love baking, sometimes a reprieve is required. Between my trip to Norway earlier this month, and last week's blissfully relaxing holiday in the Canaries there hasn't been much time for wielding a spatula so I decided to hang up the apron, put down my whisk and do other fruitful things, like reading P.G. Wodehouse's riotous 'The Mating Season'.

No-bake September is coming to an end, so in the no-baking spirit I've inadvertently embraced this month, here's a recipe for an energizing breakfast smoothie ;-)

Raspberry Smoothie (with a ginger twist) 

serves one greedy Scandinavian
  • handful frozen raspberries
  • 150ml plain bio yoghurt
  • 1 banana
  • juice of 2 oranges
  • 1 tbsp peanut butter
  • grated fresh ginger (1-2 cm piece)
  • splash of vanilla extract
  • if you like your smoothie sweet, add a teaspoonful of runny honey!
Using a hand blender, mix all the ingredients in a tall jug, and serve in a tall glass - as you can see the tall glass I used was a wine glass...

No comments: